- USA Hockey rules apply to all games
- All games are 3 periods, 12 minute stop time
- 4 minute warm up prior to the start of each game
- One 30 second time out per team each game
- Scoring – two points will be awarded for a win, one for a tie, zero for a loss
- Top two teams from every division will play in semi-final games.
- A running clock will be used when there is a 5 goal differential in the 3rd period.
- NO fighting, intent to injure, instigating etc.! This will be grounds for tournament dismissal.
- Icing will be called, 2 line passes are OK.
- No checking, this tournament will be called as most typical league play is.
- All other typical penalties / infractions will be called – tripping, hooking, checking, off sides, etc.
- This tournament is a fundraiser; games will be competitive but unethical conduct will not be tolerated!
Tie Breaker Procedure
- To determine a tie for team record going into semi-final games will be as follows:
- Goal differential for 1st three games – (subtracting goals scored against from goals scored). Maximum of 5 total per game.
- Goals against – Team with lowest total of goals allowed for 1st three games.
- Fewest penalty minutes in 1st three games.
- Coin flip.
- If a final round game ends regulation in a tie we will play a 5 on 5 ten minute running clock sudden death overtime.
- First team to score will be determined the winner of the game
- If the game remains tied after the completion of overtime we will institute a shootout.
- Any penalties that have not expired during regulation will carry over into the overtime period.
- Prior to the start of a final round game each coach must designate 5 players and 1 alternate on the score sheet in the event of a shootout. If the game remains tied after the 1st five player’s attempt, the shootout becomes sudden death. The players that attempted in the original shootout will not be eligible to shoot in the sudden death until all players on the bench have made an attempt with the exception of goalies.
- The team shooting 1st in a shootout will be determined by a coin flip.
- The team shooting 1st in a sudden death shootout will be the team that shot second in the original shootout.
- A player that has been ejected or whose penalty has not expired from the overtime cannot participate in the shootout.
- Minor – 2:00 minutes
- Major – 5:00 minutes
- Misconduct – 10:00 minutes